Asurion Insurance - Asurion Wireless Insurance - Fraud

My U.S.Visa company was alerted that my credit card was compromised due to a 3rd party being hacked and credit card numbers were stolen.

Once I was issued a new card my old card was charged for two charges - $169 & $199 - from Asurion! I don't have a U.S. phone & have never even heard of this company. These are fraudulent charges and you should contact your credit card company for pursue this with them.

My Visa company is working toward having the charges reversed.How or why this company is involved with a credit card hacking venture is beyond me, but i would not have anything to do with them - EVER!

More Review Details

Helpful? 8 Yes 8 13 No 13
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 06, 2014 #791990 Stow, Ohio

Just found two charges on my account as well. $99 and $250. I just froze my account and will be going to the bank in the morning to file a claim against those debits.

Feb 14, 2014 #785207 Reno, Nevada

I had the same thing happen to me. I never purchased any insurance from this company, but suddenly saw multiple charges from them for $150 and $175. I closed that card and filed a claim with my bank and it took several days for the charges to get reversed. I thought it was all ok, but then they tried to file a counterclaim and keep taking money out of that account. If it was not fraud, they should have contacted me directly to let me know I owed them that money, but I obviously didn't so they pushed back with another fraudulent claim. I hope they burn.

Aug 23, 2013 #705618 Los Angeles, California

Fraud charges on my Visa card from these guys over 2000 dollars total.

Jun 03, 2013 #659732 Dayton, Ohio

These charges also appeared on my account.($169.00) JP Morgan Chase has done a stellar job stopping these charges from going through. My account was closed and new cards will be issued. Even if your card company doesn't detect fraud, you can dispute the charges and file a fraud report. Good luck and I hope everything ends well.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Asurion Insurance. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Asurion Insurance.
Filing a new complaint about